Selling Process Overview
Where to begin:
- Research agents. What is important to you about the agent you choose to sell your property? In-depth market and community knowledge? Has sold many homes like yours’ in the past? Years of experience? Competent and trustworthy?
- Schedule a meeting with agent(s) to perform a walk through of your home and discuss current market conditions, if it is the right time for you to sell, how much homes in your neighborhood have been selling for, what your home is worth and what homes are on the market that your home would be competing with. If you decide to move forward, determine listing price, set expectations and sign Listing Agreement.
Preparation before becoming an active listing:
- Time for property owner to make recommended improvements to help showcase their property to prospective buyers
- Schedule appointment for professional measurers to measure property
- Schedule appointment for professional photographer to take photos
- Create property feature sheet and marketing strategy
- Go active
- Marketing campaign started
- Open house if desired by client
- Property showings
- All offers received will be presented
- Offer(s) negotiated
- Offer accepted
- Conditions managed and complete
- Conditions removed by both seller and buyer (ie. financing secured, property inspection if agreed to in contract)
- Name of lawyer to handle the legal sale requirements
- Property sale closes and keys are handed over to buyers
- Celebrate and move forward on next life adventure
- Refer us to family and friends
How We Help Sellers
- Provide professional guidance on your home’s value, current market conditions and if it is best time to sell
- Determine best listing price by providing you with comparable properties both active and sold in your area and in-line with your personal needs and timeframe.
- Transparency – open, honest communication – no sugar-coating
- Advice on preparing your home for sale and suggestions on how to present your home well during showings.
- Professional property measurements to prevent any conflicts during or following the sale.
- Professional photography to present your property in the best light on-line and off.
- Prepare a comprehensive and personalized marketing plan based on our extensive experience including the use of MLS (Multiple Listing Service), on-line local, national and global exposure and social media advertising campaigns.
- Work to get you the best price in the shortest time and with the least inconvenience possible
- Team coverage in place so there will always be a realtor available for showings and buyer inquiries
- Have a dedicated assistant to continuously promote your property and collect showing feedback.
- Keep you informed on listing activity in line with pre-determined strategy – how and when you want to be contacted.
- Negotiate offer selling price and terms
- Guide you through necessary paperwork
- Have a dedicated Conveyancing Assistant to ensure condition removal and a seemless sale closing.
- Continued relationship
- If not completely satisfied, can terminate listing at any time
- Don can assist with the purchase of your next home or refer you to a recommended Associate in the area you are relocating to
We would be happy to provide you with a free home evaluation whether you are looking to sell or just want to know the value of your home.
ReMax ACA. Realty has offices in Crossfield, Carstairs, Didsbury and Olds and has a team of 12 realtors spanning from Calgary to Olds to help work your listing. According to the Calgary Real Estate Board (CREB) stats, our combined listings in the towns of Crossfield, Carstairs, Didsbury and Olds made us the brokerage of choice for 2017.
Thank you to all of our clients for placing your trust in us!
FOR SALE BY OWNER
SHOULD YOU SELL YOUR OWN HOME:
Why pay someone else to do something you can easily do yourself? You’ve been on the buying side of the deal which meant all fees were covered by the seller, but what happens now that you are the seller? The best thing for you to do is weigh all the options available so you can make an educated and informed decision, which is exactly why we have compiled the 5 things you need to know about FSBO’s.
What is a FSBO
FSBO stands for “For Sale By Owner” which means you save the fees you would otherwise be required to pay to both your agent, and the agent representing the buyer.
What You Can Do, Realtors Can Do Better
When choosing to sell your home yourself, you are choosing not to work with a professional real estate agent. Understanding what the role of an agent is will help you make an educated decision.
Here are some of the things they take care of:
- Determine the best asking price
- Prepare your home for sale and ensure it is prepped for showings
- Review offers and handle negotiations
- Help ensure documents are correctly handled and signed on closing
No Risk, No Reward
While sometimes taking a risk can pay off, you need to understand the risks involved before making a decision. See below for some of the risks to prepare for when choosing to sell your home yourself:
- Pricing that could turn away potential buyers
- Misunderstanding the legal matters disclosed in writing
- Safety concerns with showing your own home
- Improper negotiation can lose you money or include something unrealistic in the deal
Preparation is Key
If you want potential buyers to see your home, you are going to need to brush up on your marketing skills! Yard signs, brochures, and online advertising are all ways to get the word out, but ensure you are considering the cost of this when weighing the pros and cons of selling yourself versus working with an agent.
In addition to marketing, you will also need to make sure your home is ready to show! Cleaning, touching up paint, and de-cluttering are all helpful tips to help you get started.
Once you have a buyer that is interested in purchasing the home, legal considerations must be made. The buyer will submit an offer, and once the seller accepts, a contract will need to be signed by both parties.